What is Hydra? #
Hydra is a live code-able video synth and coding environment that runs directly in the browser. It is free and open-source, and made for beginners and experts alike. You can simply open the hydra web editor on a laptop or mobile device to get started.
Hydra can be used: #
- to mix and add effects to camera feeds, screenshares, live streams, and videos
- to create generative and audio-reactive visuals, and share them online with others
- to add interactive video effects to a website
- to experiment with and learn about video feedback, fractals, and pixel operations
- to stream video between browsers and live-jam with others online
Further resources and next steps #
For more information and instructions, see: Getting Started, a list of hydra functions, the community database of projects and tutorials, a gallery of user-generated sketches, and the source code on github.
Extra special thanks the Clinic for Open Source Arts for generously supporting the creation of this documentation website!